Criteria and Selection Process
To enter the MUSE Award competition, you must fill out an entry form online. Completing this form with as much detail as possible will help the judges evaluate your project properly.
Use only the Chrome or Safari browsers to create and submit your application. Firefox and IE are not supported.
MUSE Award categories are based on the primary purpose of the project, regardless of the media in which it is executed. Although your entry might fit into more than one category, select ONLY one category that best reflects the reason your GLAM created the project.
MUSE Award winners demonstrate outstanding achievement in the following areas:
- Content: including the quality of writing, script, narrative, editing and research
- Image: the quality of video and/or still images with special attention to how objects are visualized
- Audio: the quality and innovative application of sound in a multimedia project
- Interface: the quality of the visitor or user’s experience with special attention to the ease of use and/or navigation
- Design: the visual appeal of graphic elements and the overall “look and feel”
- Accessibility: the compliance with universal design guidelines
- Innovative use of technology: the extent to which new directions are charted or old challenges are resolved by using technology in a new way
- Appropriate use of technology: the extent to which the selected technology is effective, given its defined audience, purpose and context
- Overall appeal: including the success of connecting with a defined audience, and using narrative elements such as humor, drama, or mystery
How Entries are Judged
Jury committees are composed of GLAM education and media professionals with expertise in media and technology programming, production and subject content. Persons having a personal or professional association with an entry may not serve on a jury judging that category.
If you would like helpful feedback from the jury that reviewed your project, please contact email@example.com and we will try to accommodate you.
Please note: Jury Chairs will only be able to respond to requests for comments after the awards ceremony.
How Winners are Notified
Entrants will be notified of their awards status via e-mail.
Winners in each category receive either a Gold, Silver, Bronze or Honorable Mention award. All awards will be presented and featured at a reception during the AAM Annual Meeting. Winning entries are publicized on the Media & Technology website and in the November/December issue of Museum magazine.
Winners will be contacted once all judging has been finalized and information processed by the M&T MUSE chairs. Winners will not know what specific level of award they have won until the M&T Muse Awards reception. At that time the Gold, Silver, Bronze and Honorable Mention winners will be announced for each category and a representative will be asked to come on stage to accept the award.
If you receive an e-mail that you have won an award, within one week’s time you are required to:
- Confirm the accuracy of the submitted materials/information emailed to you, including: entry number, entry title, category, producers (institution + external producer if applicable), primary contact(s) name and e-mail
- Notify us of attendance for the Marketplace of Ideas at the Annual Meeting
- Notify us if there will be a representative to claim the award at the Annual Meeting
Note: If you have multiple winners please send a separate response for each, do not combine.