FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nominations for New Accreditation Commissioners Now Being Accepted
The 2015 Nominating Committee is looking for individuals:
- with experience and expertise in any of the following areas: academic museums, state or municipal governance, art museums, natural history museums, smaller to medium-sized museums, multi-disciplinary museums
- available to serve from January 2016– December 2021
Ideal candidates also:
- have significant senior leadership experience who are champions of the new direction of the accreditation program and want to be part of a change process
- are creative thinkers and are willing to be flexible as the Commission redefines how it does its work and the new processes play out
- are committed to advancing museums and the field through the accreditation program and Continuum of Excellence
- are extremely accountable and professional
Learn more about Commissioner qualifications and responsibilities and access the nomination form here.
Nominations will be accepted through August 3, 2015. Only self-nominations are accepted.