About the Alliance
Founded in 1906, the American Alliance of Museums (the Alliance) is the largest cultural organization representing the museum industry. We serve over 30,000 members, including museum professionals, trustees, independent professionals and the full range of museums--art, history, science, natural history, military, maritime and children's museums as well as aquariums, zoos, botanical gardens and historic sites.
Our office is currently located at 2451 Crystal Drive, Suite 1005 Arlington, VA 22202
(near the Crystal City Metro Station). We are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.
Creative. Resourceful. Collaborative. The Alliance carries out its mission of providing leadership to the museum community through the dedicated efforts of our talented staff. We are always looking for service-oriented individuals in a variety of disciplines to join our team. We often recruit candidates experienced in association management, meeting planning, membership, administration, research, writing and editing, and museum operations.
We offer a full array of benefits including:
- Friendly work environment
- Medical & Dental Plan (Generous portion of employee premium paid by the Alliance)
- Flexible Spending Account (medical expenses & dependent care)
- Life & AD&D, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Tax-deferred annuity plan
- Prepaid Legal Service
- Pre-Tax Commuting Benefits
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- 8 Paid Holidays plus the office closes during the last week of the year
- 2 Personal days each year
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Alliance Membership
Current Employment Opportunities
There are no open employment opportunities at this time.
The American Alliance of Museums is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and prospective employees without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, personal appearance, sexual orientation, political affiliation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, marital status or any other category protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment at the Alliance, including but not limited to recruitment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and development, access to facilities, discipline, separation of employment, and other terms and conditions of employment.