Museums Advocacy Day
Museums Advocacy Day is a critical and unique opportunity to make a unified case to Congress about the value of museums. We provide policy briefings and schedule your meetings on Capitol Hill. In fact, Alliance members register for free.
You can also book your room
in the Museums Advocacy Day block.
We are honored by the powerful stories of the 2014 (see the inspiring 5-minute video) and 2015 Great American Museum Advocates. And we know there are many more out there. What is your most powerful visitor story? How has your museum changed someone’s life?
Each year at Museums Advocacy Day, we take time to recognize members of Congress who have made outstanding contributions to the museum field.
See past awardees.
Submit your nominations for both by Dec. 4!
Museums Advocacy Day would not be possible without broad, field-wide support. See the 2016 partners and pledge your support today.
Museums Advocacy Day 2015 Recap
- More than 250 advocates in Washington, D.C. on Feb. 23–24
- 350 Congressional offices visited in all 50 states
- Over 1,873 #museumsadvocacy tweets
- Two powerful Great American Museum Advocates
- Over 40 national, state and regional partners
- Five federal agencies provided information about their priorities and activities
- Multiple radio, print and television stories
- Six congressional champions
- Twelve updated Issue Briefs
- One mobile app