Advocacy Alert: July, 10
Two Questions about Advocacy for Museums
How Valuable is Museum Advocacy To You?
Take our two-question quiz!
Question #1: Do you appreciate our Alliance Advocacy Alerts and field-wide efforts to make the case for museums?
Question #2: Did you know that these efforts and resources are only made possible through membership in the American Alliance of Museums? We are grateful to our Alliance members—the museums and individuals who have joined the Alliance at any of our new membership levels (one of which is pay-what-you-can!)—that enable us to offer the museum field a comprehensive advocacy program. Consider a few of our most recent field-wide efforts:
- Convening Museums Advocacy Day
- Getting a record number of members of Congress to go on record in support of the IMLS Office of Museum Services
- Providing numerous easy-to-use online advocacy tools and resources
- Banding together with nonprofit leaders to preserve the charitable deduction
Will you take a moment to check your museum’s membership status and help us enlist every museum as a member? As always, we’ve made it easy to join, renew, or confirm your museum’s membership; you can do so by email, phone, or online.
- Check your museum’s membership status by logging in to your existing account here: https://www.aam-us.org/login.
- Click on Edit Profile, then view your museum’s membership status in the Employment Information tab.
- If your museum is not a member or it’s time to renew, it’s easy to join or renew online. (If someone else in your institution makes decisions about the museum’s professional memberships, please forward this email with your answers to the quiz.)
- Call us at 866-226-2150 and we’ll gladly assist you in joining or renewing, or answer any questions about the new museum membership program.
- Email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you login and join or renew, and answer any questions.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to consider joining or renewing today. And if you are already an Alliance member, THANK YOU for supporting the cause!
To learn more about Alliance membership levels and benefits, visit: http://www.aam-us.org/join/member-types-and-benefits.
Extra credit: Tell us why you are (or are not) an Alliance member—and/or how our advocacy tools have helped your museum. We’d love to hear from you!