Advocacy Alert: May 2, 2014
A Roundup of Seattle Offerings: Sessions, Federal Agency Pavilion and One-on-One Meetings with Federal Officials
The AAM 2014 Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo will take place in Seattle, from Sunday, May 18 through Wednesday, May 21. We are pleased to welcome a number of federal agencies in Seattle to promote federal grants, programs and initiatives that can help you advance your museum.
You can attend sessions hosted by federal agencies (schedule below), set up one-on-one meetings with program officers (contact info below), stop by the federal agency pavilion in the MuseumExpo or meet Washington Congressman Jim McDermott.
Institute of Museum and Library Services U.S. Congress
- Meet Congressman Jim McDermott (Sunday, May 18, 3:30-4:45 p.m.)Get an update on federal funding, tax incentives and education policy from one of the most influential museum champions in Congress!
National Endowment for the Humanities
National Endowment for the Arts U.S. State Department You can also enhance your advocacy skills with these sessions: Stop by the Federal Agency Pavilion in the MuseumExpo
) to meet representatives from:
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- National Archives and Records Administration
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Department of State Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs
- U.S. General Services Administration
One-on-one meetings with federal agency officials:
If you have not done so already, register today or see the full Annual Meeting program.
P.S. Not able to join us in Seattle? Check out all of our advocacy resources and professional development offerings.