Ways to Save
The Alliance offers many ways to save in order for attendees to come to the Annual Meeting.
Volunteer and Attend One Day Free
Volunteering is a great way to earn a free one-day pass! Nearly 400 conference volunteers staff hospitality stations, monitor sessions, provide logistic support for events and serve as Atlanta ambassadors to conference attendees. Each volunteer receives a complimentary t-shirt and commemorative collectible pin, validated conference parking, and a complimentary conference pass for one day of your choice. Volunteers must be from the metro-Atlanta area, be available for a pre-conference orientation and commit to a four-hour volunteer shift. Submit an on-line application or e-mail the volunteer coordinator for more information.
Get Your Boss to Say Yes
Museums are feeling the pressure of budget cuts to travel and training programs. Below you'll find resources to help you get the green light to join us in Atlanta.
- U.S. General Services Administration per diem rates for Atlanta (for help building a budget)
5 Tips to Justify Your Trip
- Focus on what you will bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way, others in your organization benefit from your attendance too.
- Share the on-site program and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- Be ready with a plan showing who will cover for you while you are attending the conference.
- Share with your boss all the ways to save.