The Accreditation Commission is the body responsible for making independent decisions regarding accredited status. It meets three times per year and is made up of museum professionals whose collective experience and expertise represent the range of diversity in the museum field.
Commissioners are museum professional with significant leadership level experience who have an understanding of a wide range of museum operations, have experience with accreditation, and demonstrate a commitment to standards and building excellence across the field. Commissioners serve in a volunteer capacity for an initial term of five years and may be reappointed. See the full position description to learn more.
2015 Nominations now being accepted through August 3. Get details here.
Listed with terms of service:
- Burt Logan, Executive Director and CEO, Ohio History Connection, Columbus (Chair, 2012–2015; 2015-2017)
- Amy Bartow-Melia, Associate Director for Programs and Strategic Initiatives, National Museum of American History, Washington, DC (2015-2019)
- Ann Fortescue, Executive Director, Springfield Museum of Art, OH (2015-2019)
- Mary Sue Sweeney Price, Director Emeritus, The Newark Museum, NJ (2008–2013, 2013–2016)
- Lourdes Ramos, Executive Director, Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico, San Juan (2015-2019)
- Kenneth Schutz, The Dr. William Huizingh Executive Director, Desert Botanical Garden, Phoenix, AZ (2015-2019)
- Bonnie Styles, Director, Illinois State Museum, Springfield (2007–2013, 2013–2016; Chair, 2009–2012)
- William Tramposch, Gosnell Executive Director, Nantucket Historical Association, MA (2015-2019)
Learn more about each of the Accreditation Commissioners here.