Post-Election Town Hall
Friday, Nov. 16, 2012
3 p.m. (ET)
Join Alliance members from across the country for a discussion and analysis of the 2012 election results and what they mean for museums. Topics to be addressed include:
- What’s at stake for museums as the lame duck Congress tries to prevent huge automatic tax hikes and spending cuts?
- How does the leadership in Washington impact the museum field’s public policy priorities like charitable giving tax incentives, education reform and key agency funding?
- What does the election tell us about the current political climate? How should museums refocus their advocacy efforts in that climate?
- How did the 2012 election change the legislative landscape at the state level?
- Post-election, how can you build relationships with new and returning members of Congress?
Alliance President Ford W. Bell and Senior Director of Government Relations and Advocacy Gail Ravnitzky Silberglied will provide an overview of the election results and their impact as well as take your questions on issues important to you.