Staffing and Managing Your Museum Volunteer Program
Wednesday, Mar. 20
2–3:30 p.m. (ET)
Museum volunteers are critical resources in supporting visitor services, program functions and other aspects of museum work. Having a solid and well-trained (paid or unpaid) staff to manage your volunteer program is essential to successfully managing your valued museum volunteers. This 90-minute webinar addresses key elements of volunteer program staffing and management, including establishing policies and procedures, recruiting, training, coaching, ongoing professional development, and evaluation of volunteers and the program
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit supervisors, managers or directors who oversee volunteer staff. Anyone who is involved in any aspect of volunteer management or any staff member who wishes to learn how to look at their own programs from the inside-out may benefit.
How Will I Benefit?
After participating in this program, attendees will be better able to:
- Plan for new or update existing museum volunteer staffing and management efforts
- Analyze existing volunteer program, making purposeful changes to maximize staff strengths and opportunities
- Be more efficient and effective in managing staff
- Assess the impact of the staff on volunteers, the program and the institution
All live webinars feature text chat, audience interactivity, closed-captioning and access to presentation handouts and other resources. All webinars are recorded and archived for later on-demand access.
- Robbin Davis, director of visitor services, Oklahoma History Center, Oklahoma City
- Carly Ofsthun Shaw, education manager, Musical Instrument Museum, Phoenix
- Lois Kuter, volunteer coordinator, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia
- Greg Stevens, assistant director, professional development, American Alliance of Museums, Washington, D.C.
- Adam La Faci, field producer, LearningTimes, LLC, New York
You will receive a registration confirmation email within 24 hours. Webinar access instructions will be sent via email closer to the live event.
For more program-related information, contact Greg Stevens.
Help Accessing the Webinar?
Cancellation requests for Alliance professional development programs must be received in writing no later than one week prior to the event date to receive a full refund of your registration fees. Refund requests will not be accepted after that date. The Alliance reserves the right to cancel any program at any time, for any reason. In the event of a program cancellation by the Alliance, attendees will receive a full refund of their registration fees. For face-to-face programs, the Alliance is not responsible for any travel or hotel expenses incurred as a result of your participation or cancellation of an event.