Strategic Plan 2018 – 2023
During the 2018 Annual Meeting and MuseumExpo, the Network’s Board aligned the Environment and Climate Network’s Strategic Plan with AAM’s current Strategic Plan by adopting the same Core Values and Goals, and relevant Strategic Approaches. A more nimble structure also allows the Network to focus on an ever-changing list of initiatives related to environmental stewardship and sustainability, and climate action. This plan will be re-visited as needed and updates will be reflected here.
Strategic Plan: 2018 – 2023
Establish museums as leaders in environmental stewardship and sustainability, and climate action.
The Environment and Climate Network, a professional network of the American Alliance of Museums, is a catalyst, celebrating and advancing the commitment of the museum community to environmental and climate action issues.
We help make museums green beacons in their communities through the experiences they provide to visitors as well as in every aspect of their operations.
Through our core values of education, collaboration, research, and communication we provide resources and dialogue to empower museums to lead on these critical issues.
- Access: deliver relevant content and superior user experience
- Thought Leadership: influence and inspire action
- Global Thinking: connect US museums to the international community
- Advocacy: champion museums
- Excellence: build and celebrate a stronger museum field
- Build alliances and partnerships within and outside of the museum field.
- Embrace flexible business practices and scalable programs/platforms to create a more nimble and proactive Network including re-evaluation of this plan on a rolling basis.
|Version||Changes made||Changes by||Date|
|1.0||Adapted and refined new Strategic Plan from 2011 – 2016 Strategic Plan and AAM’s Strategic Plan.||Network’s Board||5/8/2018|