More Ways to Participate
We need you! A year after adopting a new committee structure, we are working to fill out new positions that will let us do more work for the LGBTQ museum community. Please consider volunteering for one of our committees and task forces, including:
- AAM Annual Meeting: Liaison between AAM’s annual meeting staff and the LGBTQ Alliance. Help coordinate our roundtables, parties, and get-togethers!
- Advocacy: Make sure our communities are represented within AAM, regional conferences, and other organizations and spaces within the museum field
- Transgender Inclusion: Ensure trans inclusion through advocacy, content/policy review, and the development of new resources
- Social Media/Communications: Keep our members and the broader field in the loop through social media, email, and our website
- Welcoming Guidelines: Continue work and updates to the Welcoming Guidelines — anyone want to help create a digital version?
- Research and Strategy (new!): Help us research and focus on what matters most to our community
All are welcome, so contact us today for more information!