Get involved with the AAM LGBTQ+ Alliance
Being a volunteer for a committee is a great way for you to become more involved in our professional network and the larger museum field. It is also the best avenue to learn how the LGBTQ+ Alliance steering committee functions and potentially joining it yourself. We encourage museum practitioners and students with diverse experiences and backgrounds to sign up to volunteer.
Please consider volunteering for one of our committees and task forces, including:
- AAM Annual Meeting: Liaison between AAM’s annual meeting staff and the LGBTQ Alliance. Help coordinate our roundtables, parties, and get-togethers!
- Advocacy: Make sure our communities are represented within AAM, regional conferences, and other organizations and spaces within the museum field
- Transgender Inclusion: Ensure trans inclusion through advocacy, content/policy review, and the development of new resources
- Social Media/Communications: Keep our members and the broader field in the loop through social media, email, and our website
- Guidelines and Resources: Create more guides for LGBTQ+ inclusion focused on different functional areas of museums, such as guides for visitor-facing staff, collections management, and more
- Research and Strategy: Help us research and focus on what matters most to our community
All are welcome, so contact us today for more information!