Awards for Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion
Launched in 2016, the American Alliance of Museums’ Awards for Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion honor and celebrate individuals, organizations, and programs advancing the museum field in these areas, both internally through workplace culture, programs, and policies and externally through engagement with museum audiences and communities.
One award for individuals and one award for organizations may be presented each year to those who have accomplished the following in the workplace, the community, and/or the museum field:
- Demonstrated sustained support for advancing diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
- Raised awareness of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion, and/or
- Served as a catalyst for change in the areas of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
One award may also be presented for a single program or policy in any area of a museum’s structure (administration, collections management, community engagement, curation, development, exhibitions, education, human resources, public relations, registration, etc.) that advances diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
The award for individuals includes a $1,000 stipend to be used in support of the honoree’s professional development. It is typically presented at the AAM Annual Meeting.
Submit a nomination today to honor the individuals, organizations, and programs advancing this important work in the field!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Individual nominees may work for or with museums in any capacity, including museum studies programs, consultants, etc.
- Organizational nominees may include museums, museum service organizations, affiliate organizations, ally organizations, related collectives, consultant organizations, etc.
- Individuals and organizations may self-nominate
- Nominees from countries other than the US are encouraged; award is not limited to US museums or individuals