Publication Competition Entry
Click here to enter.
- $70 per entry for Alliance Tier 2 and 3 museum members
- $85 per entry for all other entrants
- You must pay a separate fee for each publication entered
You may only submit a series of materials (e.g., a multi-volume set of books) as one entry if each individual component has clear and recognizable graphic similarities to the others and cannot be accurately judged alone.
Otherwise, you must enter just one component of the series or enter multiple components as separate entries.
If you submit multiple entries, please submit total payment.
Please note: Only Alliance Tier 2 and 3 museum members qualify for the discounted entry fee. Individual members do not qualify for the Tier 2 and 3 museum member rate.
- The Alliance is not responsible for lost or damaged entries
- All entries become the property of the Alliance and will not be returned
- Entrants agree to allow the Alliance to use photographs of winning entries, at no charge, as illustrations in Alliance publications
- Entrants warrant that they have the right to allow such use by the Alliance
- Institutions will be credited for any published use of winning entries
For more information on rules and procedures, call (202) 218-7674 or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow these directions carefully. Improperly prepared entries may be disqualified. Entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2021.
Step 1: Create Online Entry
- Complete the online form and remit complete payment for all entries
- Print the email confirmation and attach a copy to each entry
Note: If you submit multiple entries at the same time, they will all be referenced in your confirmation email—please highlight the appropriate design category on the email for each entry, if submitting multiple entries.
Step 2: Prepare Your Entries
- Remove any cellophane or similar protective wrapping from your entry
- Please do not use tape to affix entry forms to print materials
Step 3: Mail your complete submission
- Send the entries with the form attached, postmarked on or before June 30, 2021, to:
2020 Museum Publication Design Competition
American Alliance of Museums
2451 Crystal Drive #1005
Arlington, VA 22202
Please note: Incomplete submissions may be disqualified from the competition.
Only winners will be notified. A complete list of winners will appear on the AAM website in November 2021. Winners will receive, by mail, two award certificates for each winning entry.