We've Given AAM Another Look.
You Should, Too.
After more than 100 years as the American Association of Museums, the organization is adapting and evolving to play a more central role in advancing the cause of museums. As the American Alliance of Museums, we are working to unite the country’s museums from A to Z, art museums to zoos and everything in between, to make a broader impact.
Why the Change?
Membership Changes at a Glance
- Tiered institutional membership so you can choose your level of engagement and benefits
- Dues based on your museum’s staff size, or what you can pay, so all museums can belong
- An all-staff package of individual memberships at one low price
- An opportunity to pass on discounts (20-50% off) to staff to purchase individual memberships
- A new, easy-to-navigate website with thousands of resources to help you and your museum succeed
- Access to 22 professional networks at no additional cost for Individual Professional members
The Continuum of Excellence
Multiple entry points and customized assistance to reach higher levels of recognition.
- Two new programs to prepare for accreditation—Core Documents Verification and the Pledge of Excellence—encourage professionalism through standards of excellence and recognition of participating museums with different levels of achievement
- A streamlined, online accreditation program taking about 50% less time to complete
- Cooperative partnerships with other museum associations reducing the time and steps needed to become accredited