MUSE Awards: How to Enter
Here are the steps to follow for submission:
- Submit detailed information using our online application. A confirmation e-mail will automatically be sent upon completion of the form.
- Make your payment of $50 USD.
- All media files supporting your application must be uploaded to or viewable via a URL referenced in your entry. We do not accept physical copies of media or printed material.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are an external producer submitting a project on behalf of a GLAM, notify the GLAM that you are submitting to the MUSE Awards and have them provide written permission for your proxy submission.
- There is a limit of 9 (nine) entries submitted by the same organization (GLAM or independent producer). Note: Submissions from producers on behalf of a GLAM count toward the total number of submissions from an institution.
- There can be no more than 3 (three) entries by the same institution in the same category. Note: Submissions from producers on behalf of a GLAM count toward the total number of submissions from an institution.
- An entry can ONLY be submitted to 1 (one) category.
- There is no time limit (year produced) for entries submitted.
By entering the MUSE Awards competition, applicants are granting permission for the Alliance to use promotional images or excerpts from the submissions provided by the applicants to showcase entries at the awards ceremony, on the Alliance’s website, Museum magazine, social media, Professional Development programs and for archival purposes.
- Programs submitted in previous years may not be re-submitted, unless there has been significant changes made (must be approved on a case-by-case basis by the M&T Board).
- The competition is not responsible for incomplete applications.
- Foreign language entries must have an English language soundtrack or subtitles.
- You are NOT required to be a member of the Alliance or M&T to submit, although we hope to inspire you to join our community.
GLAMs of any size, discipline and country are eligible to apply. Productions made by independent or commercial producers on behalf of a GLAM may be submitted with a letter of support written and sent by the institution. Please send that letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of support must state that the project being entered was created for the institution submitting the letter and vouch for the submission.
Payment is completed by credit card through the AAM website prior to submission of an application. You pay for each individual application separately. You can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
As part of the application submission process, you must pay by credit card through the AAM website. You can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. PLEASE NOTE: If submitting two or more MUSE Award applications, you must submit and pay for each one separately! Changing quantities in the checkout process and paying for more than one application at a time will result in your other applications being left un-submitted and may compromise your ability to submit all of your applications before the deadline.