Get your copy today!
Retail price: $15.00
AAM Member price: $10.00
Member discount available to the following membership categories: Tier 2 and 3, Ally, Industry, and Individual. To receive your discount, log in to your AAM account when purchasing the kit.
Why and how to use this kit
While the prospect of safely reopening your museum to the public is an exciting one, the long list of tasks involved can be daunting and stressful. How should you communicate your reopening, what training does staff need, and what signage is needed? We know these are just a few of the questions running through your mind. To make reopening just a little easier, AAM has created a Reopening Starter Kit for Museums, including customizable health and safety posters and decals, messaging templates, and checklists, in one convenient $15 package. AAM Tier 2 and 3, Ally, Industry, and Individual Members receive an additional 30% off the retail price.
What is included
The Reopening Starter Kit for Museums includes:
- Customizable design graphics (black and white and full-color) in PDF, JPG, and InDesign file formats including:
- Health and safety posters in two sizes (indicating the need for mask use, physical distancing, not entering when sick, etc.) that can be used as welcome posters and/or reminders placed throughout the museum. Large size (24×36”) with vectors can be scaled up or down as needed, and design of small size 11×14” offers the option to print on most office printers.
- Hand sanitizer station signage that can be used as posters or decals/stickers
- Physical distancing signage that can be used as posters or floor decals
- One-way traffic flow signage that can be used as posters or floor decals
- “Do not touch” signage that can be used as posters or decals/stickers
- Templates with sample language to help you draft messages for reopenings, delays in reopenings, re-closures, and second reopenings, with a checklist of how to communicate your plans
- Checklists and additional tip sheets on:
- New! Information on modifying the museum’s ventilation to reduce the transmission of COVID-19
- New! Considerations to help in determining policies and procedures on testing volunteers and staff
- Training staff on reopening procedures
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Considerations to help you decide whether to require temperature checks at your museum
- Face masks policy considerations
- Updated “Considerations for Museum Reopenings” guide