Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all, we have established some basic guidelines for participation in conversations related to our blog content. The American Alliance of Museums is dedicated to providing a safe, inclusive, and welcoming space for dialogue in our comments section. We do moderate comments and reserve the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason.
We encourage comments that:
- are respectful and inclusive
- further the conversation
- add to the body of knowledge
- are issue-focused, not person-focused
- are personal, which includes any comment that:
- attacks another’s credibility or motivation
- attacks another’s lived experiences or identity
- violates or infringes in any other way upon the rights and safety of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten
- are offensive to the online community, including, without limitation, expressions of obscenity, bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity
- include unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials or any solicitation with respect to products and/or services
- impersonate any person or organization or otherwise misrepresent your affiliations with any people or organizations
- interfere with any other user’s right to privacy
- includes content that violates anyone’s ownership rights without their express written consent in advance.