Why Work Here?
The American Alliance of Museums is a national non-profit that provides leadership, advocacy and service to museums and museum professionals and the field at large. We are a trusted leader, partner, and advocate for museums and work to build a field that includes dynamic and diverse individuals, institutions, and communities. As a collective, we emphasize the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility and its strategic imperative to the museum field. We are passionate about museums and are proud to work in support of their success.
We are a small but mighty team with big visions for serving and engaging the museum field. Our staff thrives on a positive and productive work environment and we welcome team members who can contribute to the Alliance’s core values.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance with generous employer contributions on cost sharing
- Employer paid Disability and Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with matching employer contribution
- Pre-Tax Commuting Benefits (Crystal City Metro Station is nearby; onsite parking is available for daily/monthly fee)
- Legal Service Plan
- Generous vacation, sick and personal leave
- 10 days of emergency sick leave each year (for birth or adoption of a child, caregiving, and/or employee’s mental and physical well-being) in addition to accrued sick leave
- 8 paid holidays plus 4 days of additional paid leave when the AAM office closes during the last week of the year
- Telework and flexible schedules when appropriate
- Annual Performance Evaluation with possibility for merit increase, based on individual and organizational performance
- AAM Membership
- Access to onsite gym/showers/bicycle storage
COVID-19 Protocols – We are currently working both remotely and in-office as needed, and our office is open to any vaccinated employee who wishes to work onsite. Additional safety protocols in place at the Alliance’s office include additional cleaning/sanitizing; physical distancing; wearing masks; and limited use of common areas. The Alliance will implement a more formal return to the office with hybrid telework/in-office schedules beginning in 2022.