Why Work Here?
The American Alliance of Museums is a national non-profit that provides leadership, advocacy and service to museums and museum professionals and the field at large. We are a trusted leader, partner, and advocate for museums and work to build a field that includes dynamic and diverse individuals, institutions, and communities. As a collective, we emphasize the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility and its strategic imperative to the museum field. We are passionate about museums and are proud to work in support of their success.
We are a small but mighty team with big visions for serving and engaging the museum field. Our staff thrives on a positive and productive work environment and we welcome team members who can contribute to the Alliance’s core values.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance with generous employer contributions on cost sharing
- Employer paid Disability and Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with matching employer contribution (temporarily suspended in 2021)
- Pre-Tax Commuting Benefits (Crystal City Metro Station is nearby; onsite parking is available for daily/monthly fee)
- Legal Service Plan
- Generous vacation, sick and personal leave
- 10 days of paid family leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 8 paid holidays plus 4 days of additional paid leave when the AAM office closes during the last week of the year
- Telework and flexible schedules when appropriate
- Annual Performance Evaluation with possibility for merit increase, based on individual and organizational performance
- AAM Membership
- Access to onsite gym/showers/bicycle storage
COVID-19 Protocols – Currently most of our staff is working remotely although our office is open to any employee who wishes to work onsite. Additional safety protocols in place at the Alliance’s office include additional cleaning/sanitizing; physical distancing; wearing masks; and limited use of common areas. The Alliance is planning a more formal return to the office with hybrid telework/in-office schedules available after Labor Day 2021.
Current Job Openings
There are no job openings at this time.