Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Friday, April 24, 2020
1:00 pm to 1:00 pm Eastern Time
The Duke Mansion
- Charlotte, NC
- 400 Hermitage Road
This event has been postponed.
SEMC is launching a professional development program for future museum leaders that supports diversity and inclusion. SEMC Leadership Institute: Leading for Today’s Challenges will be April 19 – 24 at The Duke Mansion in Charlotte, NC. SEMC will partner with the Association of African American Museums (AAAM) to pilot a new Leadership Institute clearly focused on leadership training for staff of small- and mid-sized institutions. Find more information and apply at https://www.semcdirect.net/Leadership-Institute . Application deadline is December 31, 2019.
SEMC Leadership Institute will develop a diverse and inclusive group of future museum leaders who:
• Can identify and build on their existing personal strengths
• Assess how to maximize these strengths internally in an organization and externally as part of a community
• Identify methods to capitalize on their strengths and their environment to move an institution forward
The curriculum, taught by leaders in their fields, covers six areas:
• Reflecting Your Best Self
• Building Inclusive Cultures
• Strategic Communication and Thinking
• Leadership Challenges
• Adaptive Leadership
• Creating Your Best Self as an Organization
SEMC Leadership Institute: Leading for Today’s Challenges will equip a new generation of museum leaders with outward-looking skills and strategies that increase their effectiveness as leaders and ability to create a productive and inclusive environment within the museum and among the museum’s board.