Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Friday, April 24, 2020
1:00 pm to 1:00 pm Eastern Time
The Duke Mansion
- 400 Hermitage Road
- Charlotte, NC, 28207
This event has been postponed.
SEMC is launching a professional development program for future museum leaders that supports diversity and inclusion. SEMC Leadership Institute: Leading for Today’s Challenges will be April 19 – 24 at The Duke Mansion in Charlotte, NC. SEMC will partner with the Association of African American Museums (AAAM) to pilot a new Leadership Institute clearly focused on leadership training for staff of small- and mid-sized institutions. Find more information and apply at https://www.semcdirect.net/Leadership-Institute . Application deadline is December 31, 2019.
SEMC Leadership Institute will develop a diverse and inclusive group of future museum leaders who:
• Can identify and build on their existing personal strengths
• Assess how to maximize these strengths internally in an organization and externally as part of a community
• Identify methods to capitalize on their strengths and their environment to move an institution forward
The curriculum, taught by leaders in their fields, covers six areas:
• Reflecting Your Best Self
• Building Inclusive Cultures
• Strategic Communication and Thinking
• Leadership Challenges
• Adaptive Leadership
• Creating Your Best Self as an Organization
SEMC Leadership Institute: Leading for Today’s Challenges will equip a new generation of museum leaders with outward-looking skills and strategies that increase their effectiveness as leaders and ability to create a productive and inclusive environment within the museum and among the museum’s board.
The statements and opinions expressed by panelists, hosts, attendees, or other participants of this event does not reflect the opinions of, nor are endorsed by, the American Alliance of Museums.