The American Alliance of Museums’ Education Professional Network (EdCom) advances the purpose of museums as places of lifelong learning, serves as an advocate for diverse audiences and educators, and promotes professional standards and excellence in the practice of museum education.
Through mentoring, conference activities, professional development, and awards, EdCom works to define, foster, and celebrate best practices in museum education and investigate, articulate, and provoke next practices. EdCom offers something for everyone, from seasoned veterans of museum education looking to continue as life-long learners, or educators new to the field just trying to figure out the basics.
EdCom serves our community by:
- Sponsoring national awards for excellence in museum education
- Conceiving and implementing professional development opportunities at the AAM annual meeting and beyond
- Providing access to the most up-to-date information about the informal learning field and the profession
- Offering networking opportunities for those engaged in fostering the educational purposes of museums
Get involved in EdCom by volunteering to serve on a committee!
Please note for 2021 EdCom will be only offering the EdCom Award for Innovation and Education–Pandemic Edition.
- Excellence in Practice
- Excellence in Programming
- Excellence in Resources
- Innovation in Museum Education
- John Cotton Dana Award