FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 6, 2015
One of the features of the Alliance’s recent reinvention of accreditation initiative is a formal, inclusive and transparent Accreditation Commissioner selection process which is led by a cross-discipline nominating committee and allows individuals to self-nominate.
The 2015 Accreditation Commission Nominating Committee members are:
- Doug Jones, Director of the Florida Museum of Natural History; Alliance Board member; Nominating Committee Chair
- Burt Logan, Executive Director & CEO, Ohio History Connection; Accreditation Commission Chair
- Ken Schutz, The Dr. William Huizingh Executive Director, Desert Botanical Garden; Accreditation Commissioner
- Dorothy Kosinski, Director, The Phillips Collection; Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD) appointed representative
- Jill Hartz, Executive Director, Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art; President of and appointed representative for Association of Academic Museums and Galleries (AAMG)
The nomination period opens in early June and closes August 3, 2015. Nominees for two open seats will be vetted in August-September and finalists forwarded to the Alliance board in November.
Nomination details and forms will be released in early June on the Alliance website.