The Collections Stewardship Professional Network is a community of practice focused on the stewardship of collections, archives, and exhibitions, including direct care, handling, documentation, shipping, housing, information management, and all activities related to collections of various types and sizes.
Empowering collections professionals to thrive and advancing standards across the museum community.
The Collections Stewardship Professional Network of AAM advocates for the diverse body of professionals dedicated to the stewardship of collections, and strengthens our members’ knowledge base through educating and disseminating best practices, networking, and connecting people to resources.
- Advocacy: representing the needs of collections professionals
- Connection: uniting colleagues from around the country and beyond
- Mentoring: preparing future collections professionals
- Education: sharing information, standards, and experiences
- Collaboration: Fostering a sense of mutual cooperation
The Collections Stewardship listserv is a place to ask for feedback on a range of collections care topics, hear about job openings, and learn about professional development opportunities. Learn more and join the listserv here.
Read more about our Professional Network here.