Environment and Climate Network
The Environment and Climate Network (formerly PIC Green Museum Network) is a collaborative and pro-active community working to establish museums as leaders in environmental stewardship and sustainability, and climate action.
During the 2018 Annual Meeting and MuseumExpo, the Network was renamed from “PIC Green Museum Network” to Environment and Climate Network. In the last ten years since the Network’s official founding, accomplishments include establishing the annual Sustainability Excellence Awards (SEA) to educate, facilitate, and encourage green practices in museums, hosting multiple sustainability summits, workshops, and sessions, and connecting colleagues across the world in a collaborative conversation of why environmental sustainability and museums should not be mutually exclusive.
We believe that a museum’s role in the community includes being a resource for information and building awareness of issues that impact our world today. The Environment and Climate Network’s focus is to explore and articulate environmentally sustainable practices and taking climate action as fundamental to all museum missions. By setting a strong example through education, museums can catalyze a potential triple net effect that encompasses economic, social, and environmental issues, internally and externally.
Explore our page for:
- 2018 – 2023 Strategic Plan
- Memorandum of Understanding with the Climate Heritage Network, a voluntary, mutual support network of arts, culture, and heritage organizations committed to aiding their communities in tackling climate change and achieving the ambitions of the Paris Agreement.
- Sustainability Excellence Awards’ previous winners
- Resources related to climate action and environmental stewardship and sustainability
- Opportunities for getting involved with the Network