Issue: National Endowment for the Arts
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) works to bring the arts to every community in America, including rural areas, military bases, and urban centers. It provides grants to all types of arts organizations—including museums—to exhibit, preserve, and interpret visual materials. The agency’s federal role is uniquely valuable: no other funder—public or private—funds the arts in every state and the US territories. NEA also distributes roughly forty percent of its grant funds to state arts agencies for re-granting. NEA received $149.8 million in FY 2017 appropriations.
- We urge Congress to provide at least $155 million for NEA in FY 2018.
Supporting Letters and Testimony
- FY 2018 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2018 House Interior Testimony
- FY 2017 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2017 House Interior Testimony
- FY 2016 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2016 House Interior Testimony
- FY 2015 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2015 House Interior Testimony
- Arts Issue: The Arts Require Timely Service (ARTS) Provision Coalition Letter