Issue: National Endowment for the Arts
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) works to bring the arts to every community in America, including rural areas, military bases, and urban centers. It provides grants to all types of arts organizations—including museums—to exhibit, preserve, and interpret visual materials. The agency’s federal role is uniquely valuable: no other funder, public or private, funds the arts in every state and the US territories. The NEA also distributes roughly forty percent of its grant funds to state arts agencies for re-granting. The NEA received $167.5 million in FY 2021 appropriations.
- We urge Congress to provide the House-passed level of $201 million in FY 2022 for the NEA and provide a robust funding increase for FY 2023.
Supporting Letters and Testimony
- FY 2018 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2018 House Interior Testimony
- FY 2017 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2017 House Interior Testimony
- FY 2016 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2016 House Interior Testimony
- FY 2015 Senate Interior Testimony
- FY 2015 House Interior Testimony
- Arts Issue: The Arts Require Timely Service (ARTS) Provision Coalition Letter