Feeding the Spirit: Museums, Food and Community
Explore how museums can promote food literacy, make their food services healthy and sustainable, and use food to build audience and strengthen community connections.
On Oct. 13, 2011, CFM presented the symposium Feeding the Spirit: Museums, Food and Community in collaboration with Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Association of Children’s Museums and American Public Gardens Association. The following resources are drawn from this event and the subsequent webcast.
- The Feeding the Spirit Cookbook documents and shares some of the many ways museums can serve as catalysts for community action on food and nutrition
- CFM blog posts related to museums, food and community
- Dr. Jessica B. Harris (2012 CFM Lecturer), culinary historian, Queens College, CUNY; Ray Charles Program, Dillard University
- Jeannette Ickovics, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, Conn.
- Elizabeth Meltz, director of food safety and sustainability, Batali/Bastianich Hospitality Group, New York.
- Erika Allen, Chicago and National Outreach Coordinator, Growing Power
This program was made possible by the generous support of Sodexo, UPMC Health Plan and LearningTimes.