This session recording was originally presented at the American Alliance of Museums’ 2019 Annual Meeting hosted in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Panelists used case studies to offer practical, economical, and data-driven research techniques that organizations have employed to effectively engage diverse audiences. Panelists provided an overview of why an audience engagement strategy with diversity and inclusion at its core is essential at the programmatic and organizational level, and how evaluation techniques can meaningfully support these efforts.
- Hear about effective practices for engagement based on Wallace Foundation research.
- Gain insight on what you should know when engaging a third party in audience research.
- Identify useful and/or economical tools and resources that can be used to engage diverse audiences.
- Chris Taylor, Executive Director, Pilchuck Glass School (moderator)
- Frederick Bertley, Ph.D., President and CEO, COSI
- Magda Martinez, Chief Operating Officer, Mural Arts Philadelphia
- Cecilia Garibay, Principal, Garibay Group, Inc.
This panel was supported by The Wallace Foundation. For more resources about building audiences, visit the Knowledge Center.