FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 7, 2014
Nominations are now being accepted from museum professionals:
- with significant senior leadership experience who are champions of the new direction of the accreditation program and want to be part of a change process
- who are creative thinkers and are willing to be flexible as the Commission redefines how it does its work and the new processes play out
- committed to advancing museums and the field through the accreditation program and Continuum of Excellence
- who are extremely accountable and professional
- who are available to serve from February 2015–2020
Learn more about the nomination process and Commissioner qualifications and responsibilities.
The Nominating Committee wants to ensure a diverse Accreditation Commission in terms of professional experience, personal background, perspectives and thinking styles. The Committee encourages nominations from qualified individuals from all sizes and types of institutions, including zoos, aquariums and gardens. (Only self-nominations are accepted.)
Nominations will be accepted through September 14, 2014.