FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 8, 2017
The American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the only organization representing the entire scope of the museum community, today announced that four leading professionals from the museum field and beyond have been newly elected to the board of directors, serving three-year terms.
The incoming board members are:
- Devon Akmon, director, Arab American National Museum, Dearborn, MI
- Eduardo Díaz, director, Smithsonian Latino Center, Washington, DC
- Christine A. Holm, vice president and regional director – Foundation and Institutional Advisors, Northern Trust Company, Chicago
- Andrés Roldán, executive director, Parque Explora, Medellín, Colombia
“Our board continues to broaden its perspective, with new members from within and beyond the museum field, and with global viewpoints as well,” said Laura Lott, Alliance president and CEO. “Their guidance will be crucial to fulfill our mission to champion museums and nurture excellence in partnership with our members and allies.”Skip over related stories to continue reading article
Re-elected to the AAM board were:
- Kippen de Alba Chu, executive director, Iolani Palace, Honolulu, elected as vice chair
- Berit Durler, trustee, San Diego Zoo Global
- Lisa Yun Lee, director of the School of Art and Art History, University of Illinois at Chicago
The board members’ new terms begin on May 10, 2017 with the conclusion of the AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo in St. Louis. Read more about AAM’s board of directors.
About the American Alliance of Museums
The American Alliance of Museums has been bringing museums together since 1906, helping to develop standards and best practices, gathering and sharing knowledge, and providing advocacy on issues of concern to the entire museum community. Representing more than 35,000 individual museum professionals and volunteers, institutions, and corporate partners serving the museum field, the Alliance stands for the broad scope of the museum community. For more information, visit AAM.
Director, Public Relations
American Alliance of Museums