As many of us know, we are currently in the midst of Hanukkah. As I think of my friends and colleagues celebrating the Jewish Festival of Lights, I am reminded of the many museums around the country dedicated to preserving and sharing this history, including the museums below. Many of the museums listed here are accredited through AAM.
1. The Jewish Museum of Florida is part of Florida International University in Miami Beach. AAM Accredited.
The mission of the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU is to collect, preserve and interpret the material evidence of the Florida Jewish experience.
2. The Jewish Museum of Maryland displays regional Jewish history, culture and community. Located in downtown Baltimore, just blocks from the renowned Inner Harbor. AAM Accredited.
The Museum has three galleries that host changing exhibits of local and national interest. We combine art, rare objects, historical photographs, oral histories, videos, and hands-on activities in engaging, informative exhibitions, as well as a family-friendly exhibition about the Lloyd Street Synagogue.
3. The Jewish Museum in New York City, helps visitors journey through 4,000 years of art and Jewish culture from around the world. AAM Accredited.
The Jewish Museum is dedicated to the enjoyment, understanding, and preservation of the artistic and cultural heritage of the Jewish people.
4. The mission of the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education is to interpret the Oregon Jewish experience, explore the lessons of the Holocaust and foster intercultural conversations.
The mission of the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education is to interpret the Oregon Jewish experience, explore the lessons of the Holocaust and foster intercultural conversations. 724 NW Davis St, Portland, OR 97209
5. At the Sherwin Miller Museum of Jewish Art, named for its first curator, visitors explore the legacy of Jewish art, history and culture. AAM Accredited.
White Rose Memorial Essays The Tulsa Council for Holocaust Education’s Tenth Annual White Rose Memorial Essay Contest For Middle, Jr.
6. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum is America’s national institution for the documentation, study, and interpretation of Holocaust history, and serves as this country’s memorial to the millions of people murdered during the Holocaust. AAM Accredited.
When the world is in turmoil, this Museum fights back using its most powerful tool: education. It is urgent that we teach people about the consequences of hate and antisemitism.
7. The William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum celebrates and commemorates the Jewish experience and the universal themes of diversity and human dignity. AAM Accredited.
The William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum in Atlanta, Georgia honors the Jewish culture and history. Take a travel tour today and see our upcoming events!
Chag Sameach! Happy Holidays, and let the lights keep shining.