For Immediate Release
PHOENIX, AZ – Six museum exhibitions have gained accolades in the 30th annual Excellence in Exhibition Competition, presented by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM). Top exhibitions included:
Overall Award Winner
- Museum of the City of New York, New York, NY – “New York at Its Core”
- Big Bend National Park, TX – “Fossil Discovery Exhibit”
- Museum of the American Revolution, Philadelphia, PA – “Museum of the American Revolution Core Exhibit”
- Orange County Regional History Center, Orlando, FL – “One Year Later: Reflecting on Orlando’s Pulse”
- Santa Fe Botanical Garden, Santa Fe, NM – “Ojos y Manos: Eyes and Hands Garden”
- North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, NC – “African Art Gallery/Threads of Experience”
“It was exciting to see the quality of content, design, collections, and more that were submitted for this year’s competition from organizations across the US and Canada,” said Stacey Swigart, Interim Executive Director of Historic Germantown in Philadelphia, who served as the competition coordinator. “The submissions were an excellent cross-section of all types of museums, arts, science, and nature institutions with meaningful stories to tell. The winners really reflect the diversity of types of museums and the content they are sharing – a terrific showing for the 30th Anniversary of the Excellence in Exhibition competition.”
The awards were presented in a ceremony May 6th at the AAM 2018 Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo in Phoenix.
About the American Alliance of Museums
The American Alliance of Museums has been bringing museums together since 1906, helping to develop standards and best practices, gathering and sharing knowledge, and providing advocacy on issues of concern to the entire museum community. Representing more than 35,000 individual museum professionals and volunteers, institutions, and corporate partners serving the museum field, the Alliance stands for the broad scope of the museum community. For more information, visit www.aam-us.org.
Director, Public Relations
American Alliance of Museums