Would you like to be a conduit from San Francisco to the world, from the future to the present? And get support to attend this year’s AAM conference to boot?
The Alliance is seeking social media journalists for the 2020 AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo to connect people at the conference and afar with conversations taking place in San Francisco from May 17-20.
One of the assignments for this year’s cohort of SMJs will be to cover the CFM Time Portal sessions—sharing insights from ten sessions designed by creative folks from our field, taking place in futures that range from the year 2040 to 3506.
If you are selected to be a social media journalist, you will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the conference (travel and lodging not included)
- A $150 honorarium
As an SMJ, your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in a 45-minute pre-conference training call
- Attend all days of the conference (May 17-20)
- Be an active, on-site journalist at sessions, events, and in the Expo Hall—sharing at least 10 posts/day to your preferred social media platform and at least 1 post/day to another platform. (We may request you attend certain sessions or events—like the Time Portal sessions!—based on your interest and AAM’s needs.)
- Write one 800-1000 word post for the Alliance or CFM blog
- Participate in a 45-minute post-conference evaluation conference call
Learn more and apply by February 14. By February 21, you will learn whether you have been selected to join this year’s cohort. If you have questions about the SMJ assignments and application, contact Cecelia Walls at cwalls (at) aam-us.org. See you in San Francisco!Skip over related stories to continue reading article