Join the Cause: Speak Up for Museums
Museums are beloved and trusted across the political spectrum. They are suffering dire and lasting impacts of COVID-19, and they deserve public support.
You can empower every museum professional and supporter by providing access to year-round advocacy tools and information so they can make the case for museums, understand the issues, and share stories of community impact with Congress, state, and local elected officials.
Make a donation today and support these critical resources that AAM provides at no cost to museums and our allies:
- COVID-19 Advocacy for Museums – Data and tools to advocate for museums today
- Contact Congress Online Action Center – AAM makes it easy to find and send messages to federal and state legislators!
- Critical Field-Wide Research and Data – Museums as Economic Engines and Museums and Public Opinion
- Step-by-Step Guides for Inviting Legislators to Visit Your Museum or Meet Locally
- Comprehensive advocacy tools and resources to help individuals advocate for museums and grow their professional advocacy skills
Your donation also empowers advocates to make hundreds of virtual visits with Congressional offices during Museums Advocacy Day 2021, taking place February 22-23. With the 117th Congress convening in early 2021, this is a critical time to make our case for museums to as many legislators as possible.
Contribute today and Speak Up for Museums!
Your voice matters. You don’t have to be in Washington, D.C. to make the case for museums. Repeatedly, advocates have secured bipartisan Congressional support for federal agencies supporting museums and defeated efforts to eliminate federal cultural agencies (IMLS, NEA and NEH). Your support will help advocates continue to make the case for museums.
For over 100 years, the American Alliance of Museums has been championing the cause of museums, and helping museums steward their collections professionally and ethically. AAM is the one organization representing all types of museums, from art to zoo, and including history, science, children’s museums, and much more. Thank you for supporting the cause of museums!