Collections Stewardship Resources
The Alliance shares standards on Collections Stewardship.
This section has information about access to collections (including digitization); acquisitions & accessioning; appraisals; cataloging (including collections management software); categories of collections; couriering; deaccessioning; inventories; loans; marking; old loans and objects found in collections; packing, moving & shipping; and writing a collections management policy.
- Access to Collections
- Acquisitions and Accessioning
- Deaccessioning & Disposal
- Documentation and Cataloging
- Library and Archives
- Object Marking
- Old Loans and Objects Found in Collections
- Packing, Moving and Shipping
This section provides resources to assist museums with writing and implementing a collections plan.
- Collections Care by Type
- Conservation Planning
- Conservation Treatment
- Historic Preservation
- Cyclical Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Integrated Pest Management
- Temperature and Relative Humidity
- Storage and Handling