Tuesday, March 2, 2021 - Friday, April 2, 2021
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Time
Are piles of VHS tapes and audio cassettes tapes found on the shelves of your collections storage areas?
Then sign up for the 5 webinars Connecting 2 Collections Care Course: Planning and Managing Magnetic Media Preservation Projects
Through demos, case studies, and practice with hands-on activities and discussions, participants in this 5-week course will learn how to:
- analyze information contained in inventories to develop a project scope;
- decide on preservation file types;
- calculate both digitization and storage costs;
- adopt recommended practices for safeguarding the files and metadata;
- evaluate their institutional capacity to carry out audio or videotape preservation in-house.
Live webinars run from March 2 to April 2, 2021.
The statements and opinions expressed by panelists, hosts, attendees, or other participants of this event are their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of, nor are endorsed by, the American Alliance of Museums.