Board of Directors Nominations
One of the reasons the Alliance is able to serve the entire scope of the museum field is because our Board of Directors does as well. Our Board is composed of committed individuals from an array of museum disciplines and sizes who bring a wide range of relevant skills and perspectives to our work.
The Board Nominating Sub-Committee accepts nominations year-round.
The Committee is charged with:
- Actively pursuing candidates with skills and networks that align with the goals and priorities in the Alliance’s Strategic Plan and have experience that would benefit AAM during the next 3-6 years, with special attention to:
- Business modeling and financial literacy
- Diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
- PreK-12 education
- Ensuring that, through the nomination process, AAM is governed by a diverse Board of Directors, in accordance with the Alliance Diversity and Inclusion policy.
Interested in lending your expertise to the Alliance? Submit an application online using this link to the AAM Board of Directors Nominee Application form. You can preview the questions and attachments here. If all information required (including CV or resume, bio, and hi-resolution headshot) are gathered ahead of time, the form should take 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Please note: Advancing to the next page will save that page unless you exit the form prior to completion, and then your answers will be erased and you will have to start a new form. If you allow cookies and accidentally close the form, you may be able to recover some of the data by clicking on the link to the form again. Questions? Please contact the AAM Board Nominating Sub-Committee.
Nominations are accepted year-round. For the 2021 Board slate, the Nominating Sub-Committee is accepting nominations through September 11, 2020.
The Sub-Committee actively recruits individuals who:
- Bring experience and expertise to help advance the Alliance’s Strategic Plan
- Ensure that AAM is governed by a diverse Board of Directors
- Demonstrate service to AAM, museums or an allied field
- Have an active individual Alliance membership
Board Member Role and Responsibilities
- Board Member At-Large Position Description
- At-Large Members are elected for a three-year term starting at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting
Process and Schedule for Class of 2021
|September 11, 2020||Class of 2021 nomination period closes|
|September 2020 – January 2021||Nominating Sub-Committee evaluates candidates and presents Board slate to Alliance Board Governance and Nominating Committee|
|February 2021||Chair approves slate and full Board ratifies|
|March – April 2021||Candidates notified|
|May 2021||Slate announced to Alliance membership|
2020 Board Nominating Sub-Committee
Stephanie Stebich, Chair of the Nominating Sub-Committee
The Margaret and Terry Stent Director, Smithsonian American Art Museum
Frederic Bertley, At Large, Class of 2020-2023
President and CEO, Center of Science and Industry
Cinnamon Catlin-Legutko, At Large, Class of 2018-2021
Director, Illinois State Museum
Robert M. Davis, At Large, Class of 2019-2022
President and CEO, America’s Black Holocaust Museum
Kippen de Alba Chu, Immediate Past Chair of the Board 2020-2022
Chief of Staff, Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
Doug Stark, AAM Member, At-Large
Director, Tennis Hall of Fame
Jorge Zamanillo, Treasurer, Class of 2019-2022
Executive Director, HistoryMiami Museum
Staff Liaison: Shelagh Grimshaw, Director Development