TrendsWatch: Building the Post-pandemic World
TrendsWatch: Building the Post-pandemic World is now free to download!
Welcome to TrendsWatch, CFM’s annual forecasting report. This year the report explores how museums can use the profound disruptions of the past three years as opportunities to create a better, more equitable, and resilient future. This year’s report was released earlier than ever before to AAM members and subscribers as the January/February issue of Museum magazine, and on the web via links (below). In March, a PDF version of the report was released for free download.
Download the free PDF
- Welcome to TrendsWatch
- From the President & CEO: Seeing the Future
- The Future Workplace: How can museums build the workforce they need, while creating better, more equitable labor practices?
- The Partisan Divide: How can museums build bridges and foster tolerance to strengthen democracy?
- A Digital (R)evolution: Has the pandemic sparked an evolutionary leap in practice?
- Repatriation, Restitution, and Reparations: Are museums in the midst of a transformative shift beyond legal compliance to values-based actions?
- Trend Alert: Changing Climate Risk
- For Your Radar: The Metaverse and Web 3.0
The format is designed to be practical and immediately actionable, providing a scaffold for discussions and decision-making by the museum’s staff, board, and stakeholders. Each chapter:
- Introduces the issue
- Suggests critical questions for museums
- Describes the challenge
- Summarizes how society, and museums, are responding
- Presents a framework for action
- Documents examples of museums tackling these issues
- Provides additional resources
Book a lecture, presentation, or discussion about the topics explored in this year’s report through the Alliance Advisors and Speakers Bureau.
Fill in this form to get immediate access to your free copy of the report.