TrendsWatch: Museums as Community Infrastructure (2022)
This edition of the Alliance’s annual forecasting report makes the case that museums are vital public infrastructure, by virtue of their contributions to five pillars of community strength and resilience:
- Education for our children
- Livable communities for our elders
- Mental health
- Emergency response in the face of disasters
- A human-centered culture of sustainability
The format is designed to be practical and immediately actionable, providing a scaffold for discussions and decision-making by the museum’s staff, board, and stakeholders. Each chapter:
- Introduces the issue
- Suggests critical questions for museums
- Describes the challenge
- Summarizes how society, and museums, are responding
- Presents a framework for action
- Documents examples of museums tackling these issues
- Provides additional resources
Please share the link to this page with colleagues so they can download their own copy. We use the number of direct downloads to help us plan future issues of TrendsWatch.
Book a lecture, presentation, or discussion about the topics explored in this year’s report through the Alliance Advisors and Speakers Bureau.
Fill in this form to get immediate access to your free copy of the report.