Member Discounted Access to #AAMvirtual Session Recordings
Thank you for your interest in purchasing the #AAMvirtual session recordings package. These sessions took place May 18 and June 1-4 as part of our first-ever virtual conference, which provided an opportunity for the museum field to come together and reimagine the future we are building together. If you didn’t attend #AAMvirtual, you can still engage with the content through a full-access recordings package, and join in continuing the conversation with museum professionals around the world.
The conference theme focuses on Radical Reimagining, with four session tracks to help the museum field: Reinspire, Rebuild, Reengage, and Reconnect. Envisioning a new future requires us to ask what decisions we can make that will not only help us overcome the immediate threat, but help us to rebuild a more sustainable, inclusive, and powerful museum field. From career development to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the role of museums in society and during racial unrest, and more—you can explore important conversations impacting the museum field this year and into the future.
What’s included? You can browse the recordings on the conference platform, organized by date. When you purchase, you gain access to all of the high-quality recordings, full transcripts, and any materials that presenters shared, such as presentation slides, additional resource links, and other handouts.* You’ll have access to browse, watch, and re-watch at your convenience, through December 31, 2020.
Your AAM membership gives you access to this package of 70+ full sessions recordings for the discounted rate of $175 ($110 in savings).
To purchase the recordings package, follow these steps:
- You can start your “cart” on the conference platform site here.
- Create an account (or if you have made an account previously but have not yet purchased, log in).
- When you return to the cart after registering or logging in, you should now see your name listed under “Registrant.”
- Enter promo code AAMMEMBER2020 and click “Apply Discount” to see it reflected in the price. Please note the promo code will not work until you have created an account or logged in.
- Enter credit card payment information to purchase. Once completed, you will receive an email confirmation and receipt from email@example.com.
Note: You may only register for one person’s access per purchase. Access to the conference platform through December 31, 2020 is limited to the user and email address registered at the time of purchase.
After purchasing, follow these steps to view sessions and related materials:
- Go to Recordings > Select the date of the session you wish to see took place on.
- Choose the session you want to view and click View Session.
- For some sessions, if you do not see a green Registered button in the top right, you may need to click on an orange checkbox Activate button in the top right to enter the session.
- If you are not automatically directed to it, click on the Content tab.
- Click on the View Archived Recording button on the righthand side.
- To access transcripts and any other materials speakers have chosen to provide, click the Handouts tab.
Don’t forget, you have access to even more #AAMvirtual content!
- Visit the MuseumExpo to explore the virtual booths of more than 40 companies and vendors
- View 11 Poster Presentations
- Explore the Museum Showcase of San Francisco Bay Area organizations
Additional Information and FAQ
Accessibility for #AAMvirtual Recordings
Full transcripts of all sessions are available. Please follow the instructions above on viewing sessions to access these materials.
Can I purchase individual sessions?
While we are currently unable to sell individual recordings, we welcome your feedback through this survey to inform future decisions regarding recorded content. We appreciate your feedback.
Have additional questions about logins, or accessing the sessions?
For technical requirements, login questions, browser restrictions, and more, please see the conference website FAQ.
I already registered for #AAMvirtual. Do I need to purchase this package to access recordings?
No, you do not need to make an additional purchase. Anyone who had a registration to attend #AAMvirtual on May 18 and June 1-4 will continue to receive free access to the session recordings through the end of the year (December 31, 2020). Log in here and follow the instructions above for accessing the session recordings and materials.
When can I view the purchased session recordings?
When you register and complete your purchase, you gain immediate access to the session recordings through the conference platform. All session recordings will be available through December 31, 2020 (regardless of when you purchase them).
Do you issue refunds for #AAMvirtual session recordings?
Once purchased, no refunds will be issued for the #AAMvirtual recordings package.
I am a member. I purchased a package at the regular rate, instead of using my membership discount promo code to purchase the package. Can you adjust my payment?
Unfortunately, we are unable to adjust purchases once they are made through our conference platform vendor. Please ensure that you enter the correct promo code AAMMEMBER2020 and click “Apply Discount” to see the price reflected before purchasing. If you are having issues purchasing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do you charge for your conference and recordings packages?
Like many museums, the American Alliance of Museums is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to champion museums and nurture excellence in partnership with our members and allies. We do that by:
- offering programs to help museums and museum professionals implement standards and best practices.
- advocating for the cause of museums by promoting a deeper understanding of museums’ critical educational, cultural, scientific, and economic contributions to society with policymakers, the press, and the public.
- providing information, resources, and learning opportunities on topics vital to the future viability, relevance, and sustainability of museums.
A national conference of our size costs over $3 million over several years (in convention center fees, AV, software, events, food & beverage, transportation, staff, etc.), and up to $950 per attendee. The average amount paid by attendees directly is $358—only about a third of the real costs. We understand not everyone is able to afford the registration fee, and each year, we offer many free or deeply discounted registrations through scholarships and volunteer opportunities.
Unfortunately, like museums that have had to cancel major events this spring, the Alliance stands to lose significant revenue due to the cancellation of the annual meeting. Though we have transitioned to a virtual conference this year, with its own expenses, many of our expenses for the San Francisco convening had already been paid. And like many museums are experiencing, our various insurance policies are currently refusing to cover COVID-19 related losses.
We remain committed to providing learning and networking opportunities for the field, and we are excited to experiment with a new way to connect with you. Your purchase offsets our actual virtual meeting costs and supports our year-round advocacy, as well as the development of thousands of free and low-cost tools, programs, and resources for museum professionals, such as our free COVID-19 resources. We thank you for participating by purchasing the #AAMvirtual session recordings, and hope to continue the conversation virtually and connect with you throughout the year!
Join the conversation:
* Please note that CEO Roundtable conversations were invite-only and not recorded. The June 3rd session titled “Reopening and COVID-19: Insights from other sectors and regions,” which was postponed and took place at a later date for #AAMvirtual attendees, was not recorded and is not included in the recordings package.