TrendsWatch: Navigating a Disrupted Future
In 2021, museums face rapid, transformative shifts on all fronts. In response, this edition of TrendsWatch focuses on issues museums must attend to right now, to minimize harm to their communities and ensure their own survival. The report addresses:
- Closing the Gap: Redressing systemic inequalities of wealth and power
- Digital Awakening: Essential technologies for pandemic survival and future success
- Who Gets Left Behind? Caring for the vulnerable in a time of crisis
- COVID On Campus: How the pandemic is reshaping higher education
- Strategic Foresight: How to survive an era of uncertainty
The format is designed to be practical and immediately actionable, providing a scaffold for discussions and decision-making by the museum’s staff, board, and stakeholders. Each chapter:
- Introduces the issue
- Suggests critical questions for museums
- Describes the challenge
- Summarizes how society, and museums, are responding
- Presents a framework for action
- Documents examples of museums tackling these issues
- Provides additional resources
Please share the link to this page with colleagues so they can download their own copy. We use the number of direct downloads to help us plan future issues of TrendsWatch.
Fill in this form to get immediate access to your free copy of the report.
Book a lecture, presentation, or discussion about the topics explored in this year’s report through the Alliance Advisors and Speakers Bureau.