Saturday, March 28, 2020
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time
New York State Museum
- 265 River Street
- Troy, NY, 12180
This event has been postponed.
Join us for demonstrations, performances, and discussions that will explore and strengthen the ways museums, folklorists, and traditional artists can work together to build understanding around the interpretation and presentation of traditional arts and shared informal learning practices.
Presenters will include:
- Chelsea Dowell, Director of Public Engagement, Museum at Eldridge Street
- Michael Galban, Curator, Seneca Art & Culture Center, Ganondagan State Historic Site
- Hannah Griff-Sleven, Folklorist
- Peter Jemison, Artist and Historic Site Manager, Seneca Art & Culture Center, Ganondagan State Historic Site
- Madaha Kinsey-Lamb, Executive Director/Founder Mind Builders Creative Arts Center
- Tonia Loran-Galban, Artist and Senior Native Interpretive Guide, Seneca Art & Culture Center, Ganondagan State Historic Site
- Elena Martinez, City Lore, Folklorist; Bronx Music Heritage Center, Co-Artistic Director
- Ellen McHale, Executive Director, New York Folklore
- Edward Yong Jun Millar, Curator of Folk Arts, Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University
- Mary Mix, Director of Education, The Rockwell Museum
- Diana N’Diaye, Cultural Specialist and Curator, Smithsonian Center for Folklife
- Leonel and Dolores Rosario, Artists
- Amy Ruza, Youth and Family Programs Educator, The Rockwell Museum
- Simon Shaheen, Violinist, Oudist, Professor of Strings, Berklee School of Music
- Constance Sullivan-Blum, Executive Director, The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes
- Julie Tay, Vice President & Executive Director, Mencius Society for the Arts
$55 for Members of MANY and NY Folklore
$65 for Cultural Professionals
Registration includes lunch and closing reception.
The forum will be held in the Huxley Theater at the NYS Museum from 10:00 AM – 6 PM.
The statements and opinions expressed by panelists, hosts, attendees, or other participants of this event does not reflect the opinions of, nor are endorsed by, the American Alliance of Museums.