Apply to the Museum Assessment Program
The next MAP application period will open in September 2020, and the new application deadline will be February 1, 2021.
If you are interested in the MAP program and would like to be added to our notification list and receive an email notification when the application is available, please contact MAP staff at email@example.com.
Museum Assessment Program (MAP) application process:
- Confirm your museum is eligible to participate.
- Review MAP costs, process and schedule and ensure your museum has the time, resources, capacity, and buy-in to undertake an assessment.
- Choose your Assessment Type and verify that you meet any special additional eligibility requirements.
- Download last year’s pdf sample application copy to use as a reference while preparing for the online application. Note: there may be slight changes to this year’s application. Use this as a reference guide only.
- Complete the online application form when it is made available. You will enter your contact information and then receive a unique application weblink by email. You will then be able to complete sections of the application, save them, and then return to the application later (using the same weblink that has been emailed to you). After submitting a completed application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have any difficulties completing the application, please contact the MAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-289-9118.
- Applications will be accepted September 2020 through February 1, 2021.
- Look for email notification of acceptance status 30-45 days after the application deadline.
Note: Please reach out to MAP staff if you need additional copies of the signature page found at the end of the application.