Apply to the Museum Assessment Program
The upcoming MAP application deadline is February 1, 2022.
Museum Assessment Program (MAP) application process:
- Confirm your museum is eligible to participate.
- Review MAP costs, process and schedule and ensure your museum has the time, resources, capacity, and buy-in to undertake an assessment.
- Choose your Assessment Type and verify that you meet any special additional eligibility requirements.
- Read the Application FAQs and use the links included to download the PDF Sample Application to use for planning and drafting your responses to the application questions.
- The Application FAQs also include access to the official online application form. You will enter your contact information and then receive a link to the full online application via email. You will then be able to complete sections of the application, save them, and then return to the application later by clicking the “save” button at the bottom of each page. By clicking this button, you will be able to save your information and receive a unique link to return to that page in the application later to finish it.
- After submitting a completed application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have any difficulties completing the application, please contact the MAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-289-9118.
- Applications will be accepted October 2021 through February 1, 2022.
- Look for email notification of acceptance status 30-45 days after the application deadline.
Please note that this is a special cohort that will have a more limited number of spaces available than usual and site visits will be virtual only, based on the successful trial of this format during the COVID-19 pandemic. (In-person site visits will resume in 2023.) If qualified applications exceed slots available, museums will be put on a waiting list. Contact email@example.com with any questions.