Apply to the Museum Assessment Program
Special Opportunity for Previous MAP Participants!
Has your museum completed a Museum Assessment Program (MAP) assessment during the years 2012-2018?
Would you like an all-expenses paid follow up visit with your original Peer Reviewer?
Applications will be accepted July 15, 2020 – July 31, 2020!
The MAP application period closed December 1, 2019.
If you have questions regarding your museum’s application or ran into issues submitting your application, please contact MAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum Assessment Program (MAP) application process:
- Confirm your museum is eligible to participate.
- Review MAP costs, process and schedule and ensure your museum has the time, resources, capacity, and buy-in to undertake an assessment.
- Choose your Assessment Type and verify that you meet any special additional eligibility requirements.
- Download the pdf sample application copy to use as a reference while completing the online application.
- Complete the online application form. You will enter your contact information and then receive a unique application weblink by email. You will then be able to complete sections of the application, save them, and then return to the application later (using the same weblink that has been emailed to you). After submitting a completed application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have any difficulties completing the application, please contact the MAP staff at email@example.com or 202-289-9118.
- Applications will be accepted through December 1, 2019.
- Look for email notification of acceptance status 30-45 days after the application deadline.
Note: Please reach out to MAP staff if you need additional copies of the signature page found at the end of the application.