MAP Follow Up Visit Opportunity
A Special Opportunity for Previous MAP Participants!
A MAP Follow Up Visit could be a good fit for your museum if:
- Your museum participated in a Museum Assessment Program (MAP) assessment in 2014 or later.
- You are interested in being considered for a low cost Follow Up Visit with your original Peer Reviewer.
- Your MAP museum is eager to build on the progress you’ve made since your last site visit; you are ready to take the next steps in implementing recommendations from your final report; and you would like peer guidance and help with strategizing.
- Your museum has already had a previous Follow Up Visit and would like to apply for another one.
Interested in participating in a MAP Follow Up Visit?
- Read the Follow Up Visit Guidelines, which includes instructions on how to apply and the PDF Sample Follow Up Visit Application.
- Review the PDF Sample Follow Up Visit Application.
- Complete the Follow Up Visit Application online.
- Applications must be submitted by June 1, 2023, or August 1, 2023.
- For museums applying to the June 1st deadline: site visits must occur between June 26, and October 15, 2023.
- For museums applying to the August 1st deadline: site visits must occur between August 28, and December 5, 2023.
- Additional questions? Email or call the MAP staff at 202-289-9118
Through a Cooperative Agreement with the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the Alliance is able to offer Follow Up Visits at a low cost to museums that meet eligibility criteria. The participation fee is based on your annual operating expenses and is due at the beginning of the Follow Up Visit Process.
- $0 – $125,000 in annual operating expenses: $150
- $125,000 – $400,000 in annual operating expenses: $250
- $400,000 – $1 million in annual operating expenses: $350
- $1.1 million – $5 million in annual operating expenses: $500
- Greater than $5 million in annual operating expenses: $750
A previous museum participant had this to say about their follow up experience:
“The overall visit was extremely helpful from a measurement standpoint and as a goal setting opportunity. We have done a lot of work since our reviewer’s first visit and clearly have more to do. I embrace these peer review opportunities and am thankful to AAM for all the resources they provide!”