MAP Follow Up Visit Opportunity
A Special Opportunity for Previous MAP Participants!
A MAP Follow Up Visit could be a good fit for your museum if:
- Your museum participated in a Museum Assessment Program (MAP) assessment in 2014 or later.
- You are interested in being considered for a low cost Follow Up Visit with your original Peer Reviewer.
- Your MAP museum is eager to build on the progress you’ve made since your last site visit; you are ready to take the next steps in implementing recommendations from your final report; and you would like peer guidance and help with strategizing.
- Your museum has already had a previous Follow Up Visit and would like to apply for another one.
Our Follow Up Visit application period closed on August 1, 2023. Interested in future Follow Up Visit opportunities? Contact MAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the notification list and receive an email notification when the next Follow Up Visit Application is available.
Through a Cooperative Agreement with the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the Alliance is able to offer Follow Up Visits at a low cost to museums that meet eligibility criteria. The participation fee is based on your annual operating expenses and is due at the beginning of the Follow Up Visit Process.
- $0 – $125,000 in annual operating expenses: $150
- $125,000 – $400,000 in annual operating expenses: $250
- $400,000 – $1 million in annual operating expenses: $350
- $1.1 million – $5 million in annual operating expenses: $500
- Greater than $5 million in annual operating expenses: $750
A previous museum participant had this to say about their follow up experience:
“The overall visit was extremely helpful from a measurement standpoint and as a goal setting opportunity. We have done a lot of work since our reviewer’s first visit and clearly have more to do. I embrace these peer review opportunities and am thankful to AAM for all the resources they provide!”