MAP Follow Up Visit Opportunity
Special Opportunity for Previous MAP Participants!
Could this be a good fit for your museum?
- Has your museum participated in a Museum Assessment Program (MAP) assessment during 2013 to 2020?
- Would you like to be considered for a low cost follow up visit (virtual or in-person) with your original Peer Reviewer?
- Is your MAP museum eager to build on the progress you’ve made since your last site visit? Are you ready to take the next steps in implementing recommendations from your final report? Would you like peer guidance and help with strategizing?
- In partnership with IMLS, AAM is pleased to offer opportunities for a MAP follow up visit in 2021.
- If your MAP museum has already had a previous follow up visit, are you eligible to apply for another one? Yes!
Interested in participating in a MAP Follow Up Visit?
- This year’s application period for the MAP Follow Up Visit closed on September 1, 2021.
- Contact MAP staff at email@example.com to be added to the notification list and receive an email notification when the next Follow Up Visit application is available.
- Additional questions? Email or call the MAP staff at 202-289-9118
How much did a MAP Follow Up Visit Cost in 2021?
- $0 – $125,000 in annual operating expenses: $150
- $125,000 – $400,000 in annual operating expenses: $250
- $400,000 – $1 million in annual operating expenses: $350
- $1.1 million – $5 million in annual operating expenses: $500
- Greater than $5 million in annual operating expenses: $750
A previous museum participant had this to say about their follow up experience:
“The overall visit was extremely helpful from a measurement standpoint and as a goal setting opportunity. We have done a lot of work since our reviewer’s first visit and clearly have more to do. I embrace these peer review opportunities and am thankful to AAM for all the resources they provide!”