MAP Follow Up Visit Opportunity
Special Opportunity for Previous MAP Participants!
Has your museum completed a Museum Assessment Program (MAP) assessment during the years 2012-2018?
Would you like to be considered for an all-expenses paid follow up visit with your original Peer Reviewer?
Is your MAP museum eager to build on the progress you’ve made since your last site visit? Are you ready to take the next steps in implementing recommendations from your final report? Would you like peer guidance and help with strategizing?
In partnership with IMLS, AAM is pleased to offer opportunities for a MAP follow up visit. This year’s program has only a few spots left and your visit goals must be aligned with the criteria described in the guidelines below.
If your MAP museum has already had a previous follow up visit, are you eligible to apply for another one? Yes!
Interested in participating in a MAP Follow Up Visit?
- Read the Follow Up Visit Guidelines
- Review the Visit Summary Form that will be completed by the Peer Reviewer
- Download the application here
- Applications must be submitted between July 15-31, 2020 to email@example.com
- Follow up site visits must be completed by October 15, 2020, pending COVID-19 circumstances
- Questions? Email or call the MAP staff at 202-289-9118
A previous museum participant had this to say about their follow up experience:
“The overall visit was extremely helpful from a measurement standpoint and as a goal setting opportunity. We have done a lot of work since our reviewer’s first visit and clearly have more to do. I embrace these peer review opportunities and am thankful to AAM for all the resources they provide!”