Apply to the Museum Assessment Program
Special Opportunity for Previous MAP Participants!
Has your museum participated in a Museum Assessment Program (MAP) assessment during the years 2013 to 2020? Would you like a low cost follow up visit with your original Peer Reviewer?
Follow Up Visit Request Forms must be submitted by September 1, 2021. Check out the Follow Up Visit Opportunity page for more information.
This year’s MAP application period for the year-long assessment closed on February 1, 2021. The next application deadline will likely be February 1, 2022.
Museum Assessment Program (MAP) application process:
- Confirm your museum is eligible to participate.
- Review MAP costs, process and schedule and ensure your museum has the time, resources, capacity, and buy-in to undertake an assessment.
- Choose your Assessment Type and verify that you meet any special additional eligibility requirements.
- Want to be notified when the next application instructions and deadlines become available? Contact MAP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our notification list.
- Curious about what’s included in the MAP application? Check out the previous deadline’s Sample PDF MAP Application. Please note: this is a sample from a previous application deadline and it is not current for the upcoming application cycle.