EdCom Award for Excellence in Practice
This award recognizes an individual who demonstrates exemplary service to the public through the practice of education in a museum. The person’s contributions may be through teaching, program development, community organizing, writing, research and/or professional activities. Awardees meet, establish, and promote the highest professional standards and are recognized as leaders in their field. Eligible nominees will be knowledgeable, demonstrate creativity, and succeed in stretching the boundaries defining the parameters of good practice.
No longer accepting applications.
There is a $25 fee for each entry. This fee goes towards the production of the awards and towards paying for one ticket for the Excellence in Practice Award winner to the EdCom Luncheon where the awards are given out at the AAM Annual Meeting. Your nomination will not be considered complete until the fee has been paid. To pay the fee, visit http://ww2.aam-us.org/about-us/grants-awards-and-competitions/excellence-in-practice/application-fee. This link will reappear after you submit the nomination form below.
All EdCom Award Recipients receive the following recognition:
- Honored at the AAM Annual Meeting
- Awardees are featured in the Annual Award Issue of AAM’s Museum Magazine
- Awardees receive recognition in EdCom’s e-newsletter
- Awardees featured on AAM’s Alliance Labs Blog
- Awardees may be featured in a future national webinar or article on best practices in museum education
- Awardees may be featured in a “Best Practices in Museum Education” Panel at the AAM Annual Meeting
- All awardees receive an award, perfect for display in the most public of spaces
Questions only (no award submissions please) to: Veronica Alvarez Awards EdCom Awards Chair.
- David Rios, Children’s Museum of Manhattan, NY
- Maria Marable Bunch, National Archives & Records Administration, Washington, DC
- Jane Burrell, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, California
- Suzy Harris, Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama
Leah Melber, Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago
Susan Nichols, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, D.C
Paula Gangopadhyay, The Henry Ford, Dearborn, Michigan