Alliance resources for the museum field
AAM’s Center for the Future of Museums, shares:
- This downloadable PDF on Using Scenarios to Plan Your Museum COVID Response
- This downloadable PDF on Three New Scenarios for Financial Survival in 2020
Read the Alliance blog for a number of stories about how museums are coping with the pandemic.
From the Professional Networks:
- The Collections Stewardship Professional Network has developed these “Steps for Collections Professionals to help mitigate risks to collections during this time” (in English and Spanish).
- The Independent Museum Professionals, Professional Network, provides “13 Tips for Teleworking” (in English and Spanish).
- The Museum Studies Professional Network has created a guide to “Transitioning to Online Teaching in Museum Studies” (in English and Spanish).
- Take into account these considerations for reopening.
- The Alliance offers considerations in determining policies around the wearing of face masks.
- Marcum, LLP’s Kathy Raffa answers some questions about Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans and whether museums with large endowments must return the loan.
Our Advocacy team developed these:
- Advocating for Museums During COVID-19
- 5 advocacy actions museum board members should take now (Coming soon!)