Alliance resources for the museum field
AAM’s Center for the Future of Museums, shares:
- This downloadable PDF on Using Scenarios to Plan Your Museum COVID Response
- This downloadable PDF on Three Scenarios for Financial Survival
Read the Alliance blog for a number of stories about how museums are coping with the pandemic.
From the Professional Networks:
- The Collections Stewardship Professional Network has developed these “Steps for Collections Professionals to help mitigate risks to collections during this time” (in English and Spanish).
- The Independent Museum Professionals, Professional Network, provides “13 Tips for Teleworking” (in English and Spanish).
- The Museum Studies Professional Network has created a guide to “Transitioning to Online Teaching in Museum Studies” (in English and Spanish).
- Take into account these considerations for reopening.
- The Alliance offers considerations in determining policies around the wearing of face masks.
- Marcum, LLP’s Kathy Raffa answers some questions about Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans and whether museums with large endowments must return the loan.
- The Alliance offers the following tips from experts Janice Majewski and Beth Ziebarth to help you determine policies related to maintaining accessibility for visitors and staff with disabilities amid the pandemic.
Our Advocacy team developed these:
- Advocating for Museums During COVID-19
- 5 advocacy actions museum board members should take now (Coming soon!)