Accreditation Commissioner Nominations
Nominations are currently closed!
- Read the Criteria information below
- Read the position description
- Complete the Nomination Form (contact details, references, questions about interest and qualifications) and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update your Peer Reviewer profile data and upload your resume/CV. (Get instructions)
- If you are not already a Peer Reviewer, contact Julie Hart for access
A complete nomination submission consists of:
- Nomination Form
- Completed Peer Reviewer Profile
- Uploaded resume or CV
Note: Nominations submitted in 2015 and 2016 do not have to be resubmitted; they will automatically be considered in this round unless AAM is otherwise notified.
Process and Schedule
- July 14, 2017: Nomination period closes
- August-September: Nominating Committee vets candidates; presents recommendations to Alliance Board Chair
- October-November: Chair makes final selection and full Board ratifies; offers made to candidates
- February 2018: New Commissioner(s) attend their first meeting
- Kippen de Alba Chu, Executive Director, Iolani Palace, Honolulu, HI (Committee Chair, AAM Board member)
- Burt Logan, Executive Director & CEO, Ohio History Connection, Columbus, OH (Accreditation Commissioner)
- Todd Smith, Director & CEO, Orange County Museum of Art, Newport Beach, CA (Accreditation Commissioner)
- Glenn Dobrogosz, Executive Director, The Natural Science Center of Greensboro, Greensboro, NC (Association of Zoos and Aquariums representative*)
- Joe Keiper, Executive Director, Virginia Museum of Natural History, Martinsville, VA (Association of Science Museum Directors representative*)
* each year representatives from two discipline-specific organizations are asked to serve on the committee. Representation rotates and is not necessarily tied to the appointment criteria identified for that year.
The 2017 Nominating Committee has one seat to fill for a five-year term that begins in January 2018. This year’s criteria are very specific:
The Committee this year primarily seeks museum professionals with current or past engagement with history organizations.
The Nominating Committee is also looking for individuals:
- with significant senior leadership experience who are committed to advancing museums and the field through the Accreditation Program and Continuum of Excellence
- who are creative, holistic, and critical thinkers
- willing to be flexible as the Commission defines how it does its work
- who are engaged in the museum field beyond their own institution
- can represent the field broadly, not just a specific discipline
- willing to consider other viewpoints and work toward consensus
See the official position description for a full list of qualifications, qualities and responsibilities.