EdCom Award for Excellence in Resources
The award for published resources recognizes outstanding resources in print or print/multimedia formats.
- Audience Research: Who is the intended audience and how does the product serve them? How does it reflect meaningful research and evaluation results? Were audience members involved in the creation of the product? How?
- Best Practices in Education Theory: How have staff and designer worked together to encourage that learning takes place? How could you tell the piece was successful? How is it aligned to the institution’s mission?
- Creativity and Design: Is the product well designed and visually appealing? Is it unique and original? Is it easy to use?
You must be a member of the Alliance and EdCom to be considered for the award.
Submit to the 2018 Competition
2018 Edcom Award for Excellence in Resources link available here.
Submission Deadline: Closed for 2018
Email: Claudia Ocello
- Bubblehub- Volunteer Online Community
John G. Shedd Aquarium, Chicago,IL
Words and Music Teacher’s Guide for grades 3-6 (link)
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Nashville TN
- “I’m Here” Gallery Guide Series
Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix, AZ
- Manual: a journal about art and its making (link)
RISD Museum, Providence, RI
- Preparing for the Oath: U.S. History and Civics for Citizenship
Smithsonian National Museum of American History, Washington, DC